Imagine: A New Library for Atherton
Attend One or Both Community Meetings
- Saturday, June 25th from 10am to 2pm in the Carriage House at Holbrook-Palmer Park
- Tuesday, June 28th from 7pm to 9pm in the Pavilion at Holbrook-Palmer Park
You are invited to share your ideas and inspiration for the future and to participate in conversations with other community members.
Tremendous Moment for Atherton
You may have heard there are plans to build a new library to meet the needs of the community, both now and for generations to come. This will be the first civic building to be built in Atherton in almost 50 years!
What's Possible, and What's Right for the Community?
Technology, sustainable design, and the potential for outdoor spaces connected to the library will be part of the conversation. Participate in a positive discussion and share insights to create a strong library and community center for Atherton and the rest of the county.
Where Should It Go and What Should It Offer?
The purpose of the community workshop meetings is to discuss the location and programs for the new Atherton Library. We want to hear from the community as to whether the new library should be built on the existing site or in Holbrook-Palmer Park. The community will also weigh in on the types of programs and spaces for the new library.
What If . . .
- If you can only drop by for a portion of one of the meetings, you are welcome and encouraged to do so. We will have people available to catch you up on the proceedings to help you make the most of your time.
- If you'd like to bring your children? Please do so--children are welcome.
- If you get hungry? Snacks and lunch will be served.
- If you don't like listening to long speeches? These community meetings will be hands-on, interactive, and fun. You'll have the opportunity to sketch, take photos, assemble the building blocks of a new facility, and get to know others in your community.
- If you don't know where Holbrook-Palmer Park is? Stop by the Atherton library and we'll give you directions!
Please contact the library at 650.328.2422. Otherwise, we'll hope very much to see and hear from you at the meetings.
Carine Risley is the manager of the Atherton and Brisbane Libraries and is looking forward to the community guiding the process to culminate in a successful library facility everyone can take pride in, ownership of, and love.