聖卡洛斯圖書館 (San Carlos Library)
San Carlos Library Manager
610 Elm Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
|10 上午 - 9 下午||10 上午 - 9 下午||10 上午 - 9 下午||10 上午 - 6 下午||10 上午 - 6 下午||10 上午 - 5 下午||1 下午 - 5 下午|
- World Language collections in Chinese, Hindi, Russian and Spanish
- Bilingual story time in Spanish and Chinese
- Large music CD and Book on CD collections
- Internet Instruction, Resume Writing and other life skills classes offered
- Appointments can be made with librarians for library research skill questions
- Vending machines for food and drink
- Closed circuit television magnification system available
- Eyeglass recycling center
- Seasonal food and toy collection center
- Voted Best Story Time by Bay Area Parent magazine
- 5 star Yelp.com user rating
- 24 hour open book donation drop off point located in the underground parking garage accessed via Cherry Street. Look for white caged area. Donations receipts attached to the cage. Magazines, textbooks, encyclopedias and materials in poor condition are not accepted.
- The Friends of the San Carlos Library Bookstore on the first floor of the San Carlos Library is open during library open hours.
- The Friends of the San Carlos Library host a book sale on the third Sunday of every month from 1 - 4 PM in their offices on the second floor. Contact Helene for more information at 650.591.2517.
- Automatic Payment Machine is available
- Computers and Software
- 1 ADA PC
- 40 Internet PCs
- 7 Research PCs
- Internet Manager software manages computer signups and reservations
- Computer Reservations are recommended M-F 3-5 PM
- Wireless Access is available
- Handicapped parking spaces
- Accessible restrooms
- ADA computer: specialized PC with large monitor, font, keyboard mouse and joystick
Sidewalk ramp accessible from Cherry Street
Homebound delivery service
- Help for grades K - 8 via Healthy Cities tutoring program sponsored by the San Carlos School District, City of San Carlos, Friends of the San Carlos Library and other funding sources. Tutors may use library study rooms.
The library has 3 study/meeting rooms that can be reserved for a maximum time of two hours.
Reservations can be made in person or via phone up to 3 months in advance.
Study Room A holds a maximum of 2 people. Study Room B holds a maximum of 3 people. Study Room C holds a maximum of 10 people.
The City of San Carlos reserves Conference Rooms A and B on the second floor for a fee. The maximum capacity of these rooms is 299. Call Vicky Galea at San Carlos City Hall, 650.802.4311. More information on conference room rental can be found here.
- Binders of reproducible tax are forms available year round to be copied.
- The Healthy Cities Tutoring Service is operated by the City of San Carlos and partially funded by the Friends of the San Carlos Library.
- United States Census Bureau
- Be Counted program
- Questionnaire Assistance Center
- Art in Action - student art work display
- The San Francisco Giants "Read to Win" program
- ALAVIE Fitness
- San Carlos Adult Center
- San Mateo County Psychological Association
- BAM (Bay Association of Mentors)
- Stanford Health Library
- Alzheimer’s Association
- California Native Plants Society
- Asian Art Museum
- De Young
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Parent’s Place
- M for Mystery
- San Carlos Youth Center
- Central Middle School
- Tierra Linda Middle School
- San Carlos Charter Learning Center
- Museum of Craft and Folk Art
- San Carlos Hometown Days
- San Mateo County Human Services Agency
- San Carlos Children’s Theatre
- San Mateo County Medicare Counseling
- HICAP (Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program)
- Society for Financial Awareness
- Peninsula Works of San Mateo County
- Reading is Fundamental
- San Mateo Performing Arts Center
- San Carlos Elementary Schools
- City of San Carlos
- San Mateo County
- Friends of the San Carlos Library
- San Carlos Chamber of Commerce
- San Carlos School District
- Hiller Aviation Museum