Sneak Preview Date
Be the first to see how we’ve changed the interior of the San Carlos Library before the crowds gather for our November 2 Grand Re-opening event! Join us on Friday, November 1 from 5:30 PM-7:30 PM when the Friends of the San Carlos Library host a wine and cheese reception with private tours for all Friends of the San Carlos Library members.
Not a member? No problem! $15 at the door will make you a member, and you will get to see what we’ve been up to the past six months. Members will also be able to be among the first to shop in the all-new Friends Book Shop with special bargains planned. You can become a member online before the event by visiting the San Carlos Friends of the Library website.
The Main Event
On November 2 the Library will re-open! Our schedule for the day:
- 10:00 (outside) Introduction: Anne-Marie Despain, Director of Library Services for San Mateo County Library; Mayor Bob Grassilli, City of San Carlos; Carlmont High School Drumline
- 10:45: Ribbon Cutting and the doors to the library open
- 11:00 (Children’s Room): Babies and Books Story Time with Maeve Visser-Knoth and Robyn Peters
- 12:15 (“The Spot”Teen Room): Carlmont High School Jazz Ensemble
- 1:00 (outside): Tricycle Music Fest performance by the Corner Laughers
- 3:00 (Performers Lounge): The Jam Band Jazz performance
- 5:00: Library closes
We are sure that you are curious as to what you will find inside the renovated library. Staff and volunteers will be on hand to guide visitors through the building to explain what’s new, why changes were made, what interior improvements are still to come, and how you can contribute to enhance this community effort.
We hope you’ll join us and celebrate our new beginning! For more information call 650.591.0341.
Chet has experienced four different variations of the San Carlos Library and thinks this is the best so far. However, there is always room for more improvements!