BEST BOOKS OF 2012
Sometimes a book grabs you: the book you have to check out because it’s sticking to your fingers and you can’t let it go. Such was Red brick, Black Mountain, White Clay: Reflections on Art, Family, and Survival, by Christopher Benfey, for me. I’m from North Carolina – not far from Black Mountain – and I grew up around Quakers (also, I have red clay all over my hands). Other times, you’re just stuck: you don’t know what to read (or give people).
So, here are some lists of the year’s best books.
2012 Best Book Lists
- The New York Times 10 Best Books of 2012
- Publisher's Weekly's Best Books of 2012
- NPR Best Books of 2012
- GQ’s Book of the Year Club
- 2012 Books: Slate Staff Picks
- Best Books from The Guardian:
Vaughn Harrison is not so originally from Asheville, NC. Some other people thought of being from there first.