San Mateo County Library offers free public wireless access in all its branches. To access the library wireless network the user will need to accept the terms and conditions to receive 12 hours of uninterrupted access. Part of the terms and conditions is the acceptance that the SMCL wireless network is not secure and users are responsible for keeping their personal laptop secured.
- Locate the library’s wireless network on your laptop or other wireless device. (i.e. San Carlos Library, Millbrae Library,...etc.)
- Select the network and connect.
- Open the web browser and you will be presented with the San Mateo County Library’s Wireless User Policy.
- Accepting the WiFi User Policy will allow you to use the San Mateo County Library's free open wireless network.
- After accepting the policy you will be redirected to the San Mateo County Library’s WiFi Services page.
San Mateo County Library offers wireless printing in all its branches from the wireless network. Wireless users are able to send print jobs to a Print Release Station for printing.
How to Install the Wireless Printing Agent
- Download and install Wireless Printing Agent (Mac OS X or Windows XP/Vista/7 or Windows 8)
- Once installed, a small window will appear on the bottom right corner of your desktop with three options:
How to Print from your Laptop
- Launch the Wireless Print System if not already running
- To start printing click on
- Enter you library card number and PIN, then select the library you would like to print to and click [ OK ] to accept
- Send your print jobs to the printer named Wireless Printer
- Once finished click on
- Go to the Print Release Station to retrieve your print jobs
How to Release a Print Job from the Print Release Station
- Enter your Library Card number and PIN
- Click on Search Print Documents
- Select a print job from the list
- Click on Print Job
- Select a printer from the list and click on OK
- Click on l’m Finished to end your session