Rooms for meeting and/or study are available at the following libraries:
- Belmont: 3 study rooms which may be reserved up to 30 days in advance anytime but 3-5 pm Monday through Thursday during the school year. This policy is in place in order to encourage students to make use of these resources. During summer and winter break, reservations may be made at any time of the day that the library is open. These rooms can seat a maximum of 5 people.The Taube Community Room is mainly used for library events. Community organizations that wish to use the room need to fill out an application with the Belmont Parks and Recreation Department and pay a $25 processing fee.
- Brisbane: One small room that fits 6-8 people and can be used for meetings or for quiet study.
- Millbrae: Two study rooms that can be booked for a one hour time period for groups of 2-8 people. The study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis and cannot be reserved in advance. In order to book a room, at least one member of the group must have a current PLS library account and either their library card or a photo ID.
- Pacifica-Sharp Park: A Community Room that may be used by local not-for-profit groups and community groups for meetings, events and programs. All programs must be free and open to the public and of local interest. The Community Room may be reserved through the Library up to a year in advance. All Community room users must submit an application and read and initial a copy of the Community Room Guidelines and Rules for Use. There is no fee for use. Please contact the library at 650.355.5196 or come in during open hours for further information or to place a reservation.
- San Carlos: The library has 3 study/meeting rooms that can be reserved for a maximum time of two hours. Reservations can be made in person or via phone up to 3 months in advance. Study Room A holds a maximum of 2 people. Study Room B holds a maximum of 3 people. Study Room C holds a maximum of 10 people. The City of San Carlos rserves Conference Rooms A and B on the second floor for a fee. The maximum capacity of these rooms is 299. Call Vicky Galea at San Carlos City Hall 802-4311. More information on conference room rental can be found here.