eMusic powered by Freegal
GET 5 HOURS OF COMMERCIAL FREE STREAMING PER DAY!
Access eMusic on Your PC in 5 easy steps:
- Go to SMCL’s eMusic Web page
- Click “Login”.
- Enter your library card number and click “Log in”.
- Click “Accept” for end user license agreement.
- Begin searching or browsing for songs or videos.
Instructions on Downloading Music or Music Videos to Your PC:
- Once you have found a song or video, click “Download” or “DOWNLOAD NOW”.
- A box will open with the options to open or save the file.
- Save the file to the desktop or a folder of your choice. (Note: When you click to download, you will use one of your five weekly downloads regardless of whether or not you cancel the download.)
- To add the song to your iTunes library, open iTunes and drag the file to the open application.
- Download the Freegal App
- Apple App Store or the Android Marketplace, a.k.a. Google Play.
- Click on “Free” and then “Install” to download to your device.
- Click on the “Freegal Music” icon on your device.
- Enter your zip code and select “San Mateo County Library”.
- Enter your library card number (must start with "29041").
- You will remain logged in to the app unless you manually logout.
- Begin searching for songs.
For more information please check our FAQs.