The San Mateo County Library is pleased to announce that on Monday, September 30, it will debut a new online catalog.
FindIt! is the new primary web interface to the San Mateo County Library catalog. It enables easy searching, organizing, and sharing of your favorite library materials. It is powered by Bibliocommons and provides a shared web service serving over 1 million patrons from more than 40 other libraries across North America.
To get ready, we are going to shut down account registration and content updates from September 23 to September 30. You will still be able to log in with your smcl.org account and check your account, place holds, and renew items. You will not be able to create a new account, tag, rate, or review items, comment on blogs or events, or create Shout-outs on the Teens page.
If you already have an smcl.org account, here are some things you need to know:
- You will have to select a user name when you register for FindIt! If your current user name is not available FindIt will suggest a similar new user name for you.
- You will use your 4 digit library card pin to log in to FindIt! You won't need your smcl.org password.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to save the contents of your current Bookbag. Please use the Print This Page and/or the Email This Page function to save the contents of your Bookbag. When FindIt! debuts you can add these items to your For Later shelf.
- We also can't carry over ratings and reviews. If you want to save your ratings and reviews, log in, click My Library in the log in box on the right-hand side of the page, then select My Ratings and/or My Reviews and use the Print This Page and/or the Email This Page function to save this information.
- We will be carrying over all tags from the current smcl.org catalog.
For more information: