Taxes . . .
Guess what--it’s tax season again. Woohoo… Here are some resources to help you make it through:
Where to Find (the Right) Forms
- Where do I find federal and state forms? (Some basic forms are also available at your library.
- Which form should I use for my California taxes?
- How can I file my federal taxes online?
- How can I file my state taxes online?
- There’s no way I’m getting this done before April 15th--how do I file for an extension for my state taxes? How do I file for an extension for my federal taxes?
- State taxes FAQs
- Federal taxes FAQs and information for individuals
- Unfortunately, I still need to contact the IRS with questions--where do I start? How do I contact the state’s Franchise Tax Board?
Free Tax Prep Assistance
There are also multiple agencies throughout San Mateo County that offer free tax preparation assistance through the California Franchise Tax Board’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs. The VITA and TCE volunteer programs provide free assistance to individuals with limited income and/or over the age of 60 who need help in completing simple federal and state income tax returns. You can search for a VITA/TCE site close to you. Good luck!
Nicole Pasini is the Acting Branch Manager of the Millbrae Library. Her taxes are done.