My Top 10 Books and Movies of 2010
At the end of every year, Stephen King, a columnist for Entertainment Weekly, makes a list of his top ten movies and books for the year. Below are my top tens for the year.
Note: A few of the items were published in the last few years, but I read or watched them this year, so I am including them on the list. All are available at your local library!
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
- In Dependence by Sarah Ladipo Manyika
- One Day by David Nicholls
- The Lost Girls: Three Friends, Four Continents, One Unconventional Detour Around the World by Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, and Amanda Pressner
- Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain by Portia De Rossi
- Red Hook Road by Ayelet Waldman
- Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan
- Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg
- Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern
- The Town
- The Hangover
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (still in theaters)
- Easy A
- Toy Story 3
- Letters to Juliet
- Ramona and Beezus
- The Time Traveler’s Wife
Stephanie C. enjoys reading and watching movies when she’s not working at the Belmont Library. She also likes keeping up with new books and movies by reading Entertainment Weekly.