Axis 360 eBooks Collection
San Mateo County Library offers eBooks on the Axis 360 platform in conjunction with the Blio eReader application. With Blio, picture books and other illustrated books come alive. Plus, Axis 360 and the Blio reader make eBooks accessible. They allow limited sight patrons guided reading as well as text-to-voice options for all titles. Experience the difference now!
To Begin (PC, Android, iPhone/iPad)
- Download the free Blio eReader Application.
- Create your Blio ID.
- Log in to Axis 360 in order to download titles.
To Begin (Kindle Fire)
- From your device, tap Settings, then More.
- Tap Device and then Allow installation of Application.
- Toggle switch to ON and tap OK.
- Open your web browser.
- Go to: http://bits.blioreader.com/update.
- Choose the link named KNFB Blio 3.0.4B PROD.apk.
- Tap the number in the upper left of the Kindle. KNFB Blio 3.0.4B PROD.apk will begin downloading.
- When downloading is complete, tap the file KNFB Blio 3.0.4B PROD.apk.
- Tap on Install in the grey area under the permissions.
- Tap Done when Install is Complete.
- From homepage carousel, tap Blio to launch the app.
- Tap Create an account.
- Fill out registration to create a Blio ID & password.
- When done, tap Create account.
- Use your web browser to Log in to Axis 360 in order to download titles.
- You must have a valid San Mateo County Library card.
- Your library card number must start with 29041.
- You may have up to 8 ebooks checked out at one time.
- You may have up to 8 titles on hold.
- Choose your own loan period between 7 and 21 days.
- Titles cannot be renewed, but they can be checked out again after they expire if they are still available.
If you prefer more detailed instructions or a printed version please click here.
If you do not have a San Mateo County Library card (your card does not start with 29041) please visit the Peninsula Library System’s Digital Library collection.