You can download eBooks and eAudiobooks from the San Mateo County Library eBranch 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All you need is a San Mateo County Library card.
Don’t have a card? Get a card here.
- Kindle, EPUB and Adobe PDF eBooks
- WMA and MP3 eAudiobooks
Enjoy downloadable ebooks and eaudiobooks from the Peninsula Library System Digital Book Library; only for library cardholders from Peninsula Library System Member Libraries. Explore new titles each month as we develop and build our own collection.
Download OverDrive® Media Console™ (used for eAudiobooks)
Download Adobe® Digital Editions (used for eBooks)
The Enki Library is a shared open source eBook Network open to all California Libraries.
- Offers access to PDF and ePUB ebook formats.
- Kindle file formats are not directly supported.
- Audiobook formats are not available.
- Content is focused on smaller and independent publishers including, but not limited to, Workman, UC press, McGraw Hill, National Highlights, Akashic, Bancroft, Dzanc, InfoBase, Lerner, Permanent Press, Crossroad, Xist and Smashwords.
- Works on smartphones, tablets (including Android) and computers. We recommend using the browser that came installed on your phone or tablet as non-native browsers like Google Chrome are not supported at this time.
Enki Library lending rules:
- Lending period is 2 weeks, and most books can be returned early.
- Patrons can place 5 holds on books and once notified of the books availability they have 5 days to check it out.
- Patrons can check out 5 books at once
A searchable full-text collection of eBooks.