San Mateo County Library Wireless Access FAQs
- On your laptop or mobile device, locate the [Your Library Name] Wireless Network to connect.
- Open a browser. You will be presented with a WiFi User Policy.
- Accept to continue. You will be redirected to the SMCL website.
- Decline if you do not wish to connect.
- For more details instructions look at our guide to connect.
Why doesn’t my browser show the WiFi User Policy if I’m connected to the wireless?
Sometimes the web browser will cache the user’s home page locally so it won’t attempt to connect to the Internet. To trigger the WiFi User Policy, load a website on your browser that you haven’t been to recently.
Is the wireless connection secure?
Unfortunately the wireless network is not secure because it is open to the public and does not require passwords, certificates, or applications to connect. We recommend you not perform any sensitive transactions such as online banking while connected to the library wireless network.
Why won’t my apps work when I’m on the library wireless?
Users must accept the Library’s WiFi User Policy in order to connect their device to the wireless network. Once connected your apps should begin to work.
- Atherton- 20 Mbps
- Belmont - pending upgrade
- Brisbane - 20 Mbps
- East Palo Alto -pending upgrade
- Foster City - pending upgrade
- Half Moon Bay - pending upgrade
- MillbraeWoodside - 20 Mbps
- Pacifica Sanchez - 50 Mbps
- Pacifica Sharp - 50 Mbps
- Portola Valley - 50 Mbps
- San Carlos - pending upgrade
- Woodside - 20 Mbps