Pacifica Sanchez Library
1111 Terra Nova Boulevard
Pacifica, CA 94044
|12 PM - 8 PM||Closed||10 AM - 6 PM||Closed||10 AM - 5 PM||10 AM - 5 PM||Closed|
Pacifica-Sanchez is nestled in what is referred to in Pacifica as Sun Valley - there is always a cone of sunshine over the library despite Pacifica’s reputation for fog. Nearby are all the amenities of community life: senior living apartments, condos and townhouses, single-family homes, a shopping center, an elementary school, a high school and a County park lovingly referred to as “Bambi & Thumper Land.”
The library features a beautiful enclosed outdoor garden and seating area perfectly suited for children to run around or, in quieter moments, a peaceful read in the light breeze. The cantilevered ceilings give the small building a sense of spaciousness that belies its small footprint.
The library is family-focused in its collections and services offering numerous storytimes weekly and Family Movie Nights, music programs, and a thriving vegetable garden created by library staff and used by local schools as a teaching tool for sustainable gardening in this environment. The whole age range of family members can find exactly what they’re looking for.
Come experience the enthusiasm, vitality and beauty of the Pacifica-Sanchez Library!
- The Pacifica Libraries generally do not accept book donations except for current bestsellers/paperbacks in good condition.
- The Pacifica Friends of the Library accept donations of books in good condition and of general interest throughout the year.
- The Friends cannot take magazines, textbooks, or materials in poor condition (mold, excessive use, dirty, torn). Contacts: Caroline Barba, 650.359.3848 or Donna Scott, 650.359.9664.
- The Pacifica Friends of the Library have two large book sales per year, typically in late November/early December and again in late May/early June on a Friday-Saturday.
- The Friends also operate an ongoing sale in their Book Nook at the Pacifica - Sharp Park Library which is accessible during library open hours.
- Computers and Software
- 6 Internet PCs
- 2 Research PCs
- 1 Express PC
- Internet Manager software manages computer signups and reservations.
- Computer Reservations are recommended M-F 3 - 6 PM, Sat 12 - 5 PM.
- Wireless Access is available.
- Handicapped parking spaces
- Accessible restrooms
- Paper copies of some tax forms and instruction booklets are available January to April each year.
- Local children’s librarian Gwen Miller hosts a weekly storytime called Whales of Tales on local cable Channel 26! The show is repeated throughout the week at various times. Local residents Monica Houman and Christine Guzman also host a bilingual storytime that is shown every Saturday and Sunday.
- “California of the Past” Digital Storytelling Project - Pacifica and Coastside Stories - with the Pacifica Historical Society
- The San Francisco Giants "Read to Win" program
- City of Pacifica Homework Center: The Library and the City of Pacifica work cooperatively on the weekly Homework Center in the Community Room at the Pacifica-Sharp Park Library. The Homework Center is in operation Monday-Thursday from 2:45pm-5:45pm throughout the school year. Run by the Parks, Beach and Recreation Department, it features a paid staff including a supervisor and tutors who are local high school students. The Library provides some of the funding for the Center as do the Friends of the Library. The service requires registration but operates on a drop-in basis and is free of charge.
- UC Master Gardeners of San Mateo and San Francisco Counties
- City of Pacifica
- Pacifica Tribune
- Pacifica Chamber of Commerce
- Pacifica Municipal Codes
- San Mateo County