March is National Nutrition Month!
This month is dedicated to healthy eating and being physically active to promote overall body health and wellbeing. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics sponsors this campaign and is dedicated to providing the education and information associated with making informed decisions about food and physical activity. National Nutrition Month originated in 1973 when it used to only be recognized as a weeklong celebration. Due to the popularity and awareness of nutrition, the weeklong event was changed to a monthlong holiday in 1980.
For handouts, tip sheets, information, games, coloring pages, and more, please visit Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Education Resources.
Our library catalog has many of the recommended cookbooks that the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics provides. Here are some great options that will keep you eating healthy:
- 7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies by Susan Nicholson
- 400 Calorie Fix Cookbook: 400 All-New Simply Satisfying Meals by Liz Vaccariello
- Big Green Cookbook: Hundreds of Planet-Pleasing Recipes & Tips for a Luscious, Low-Carbon Lifestyle by Jackie Newgent
- The Big Book of Diebetic Deserts: Decadent and Deliscious Recipes Perfect for People with Diabetes by Jackie Mills
- Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast & Filling Low-fat Vegan Recipes by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Jacqui Grande is a library aide for Atherton Library. She is training to run a half-marathon by early 2014!