Did you know that there are laptops available to borrow at Millbrae, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, and Portola Valley libraries? You can check out a laptop to use in the library for up to 2 hours a day. All you have to do to get started is complete a laptop loan agreement, bring it to the accounts desk at your library, and find yourself a comfy chair.
Why Borrow a Laptop at the Library?
Some nice things about checking out laptops to use in the library:
- You’ll have 2 uninterrupted hours of computer use in the library – no stopping and re-starting your computer session!
- You can bring the laptop into a meeting room and use it to work on a group project.
- You can use the laptop by yourself in a meeting room and enjoy the quiet.
- Using library wireless is simple, and getting online will be easy with these FAQs.
- The laptops have the same programs you’ll find on the rest of the public computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
- You can relax with the laptop in an arm chair and get comfortable – just don’t take your shoes off!
Nicole Pasini is the interim Branch Manager for the Millbrae Library.