The Internet Manager software ensures fair access to library computers by managing computer sign-up and reservations. Individuals may use public computers for a maximum of 2 hours per day in one hour blocks. Also with Internet Manager your library card becomes a printing debit card. At the Atherton, Belmont, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Millbrae, and San Carlos Libraries, payment for printing is done using Automatic Payment Machines (APM).
To take advantage of Internet Manager you will need to have your library card on hand. You must also have a PIN. If you need assistance with your PIN or applying for a library card, see a staff member. To apply for a library card please fill out this form.
Visitors to the libraries without a library card can obtain a 15 minute day pass at the Information Desk. Passes can be used at any computer with the Internet Manager software.
How to use Internet Manager
Free access to the Internet is available at all San Mateo County Library locations. In order to give every patron equal access to computers, Internet Manager software is installed. Please observe the following rules when you are using a computer in the library:
- A valid library card and PIN number is required to use a workstation. Your PIN is usually the last 4 digits of your phone number.
- For card holders, there is a 2-hour total limit on workstation use, per day. Reserved and unreserved use of any type of workstation counts toward this limit. There is no guarantee of 2 hours of use. Visitors to the libraries without a library card can obtain a 15 minute day pass at the Information Desk. Pass can be used at any computer with the Internet Manager software.
- There is a printing charge of $.15 per page after the first 3 free pages. Printing charges will be accumulated on your Internet Manager Account. To add money to your Internet Manager Account please use the Automatic Payment machines or see staff. No refunds are given.
- 1 hour sessions may be reserved 3 days in advance. Reservations may be made online.
- Reservations can only be made by the cardholder, and the workstation reserved can only be used by the cardholder.
- If you see a workstation not in use, you may log-on and use it without a reservation, provided no one else has reserved it.
- When your session expires, you will be automatically logged off the workstation you are using. The computer’s record of what Internet sites you visit is deleted when you log off.
For more information, please view the Internet Manager FAQs.