eBranch Frequently Asked Questions
The San Mateo County Library eBranch strives to:
Provide users with 24/7 access to unique digital content, collections and services
Create a community of users who exchange information and ideas on Library materials, events and services
Promote Library events, collections, news and services
Facilitate awareness and usage of all library resources and service
Your San Mateo County Library eBranch account will allow you to access all the new features we have added to our website, such as the ability to comment on blog posts and events. You will be able to choose your own user name and password and will be able to store your library card number and library card pin as part of your account information. The library card number and pin will then automatically be supplied to all online services that require a library card number, such as your library account, subscription databases and downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks.
You can create an account here.
Each branch of the San Mateo County Library has its own page, accessible from the Hours and Locations page. Click on the name of the library to see that library’s page.
- Change settings in Internet Explorer:
- Click Tools (on the toolbar), then select Internet Options.
- Select the Fonts button (which is at the bottom of the General tab).
- For Language Script, choose Latin based.
- For Web Page Font, choose Arial Unicode MS.
- Click OK to close the Fonts window.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options window.
- Install the universal font for Unicode in Word/Microsoft Office:
- In Control Panel, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Do one of the following:
- If you installed your Microsoft Office program as part of an Office package, click Microsoft Office in the Currently installed programs box, and then click Change.
- If you installed your Office program individually, click the name of your program in the Currently installed programs box, and then click Change.
- In the Microsoft Office Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.
- Next to Office Shared Features, click the plus sign (+).
- Next to International Support, click the plus sign (+).
- Click the icon next to Universal Font, and then select the installation option you want.
You may need the MS Office CD to complete the installation.