Fill the Barrel Community Food Drive
Take the challenge to “Stop Childhood Hunger” now in San Mateo County!
San Mateo County Library is supporting Second Harvest Food Bank on targeted dates throughout the summer by asking community residents to stop by their local library and help fill the barrel for one day in each of our eleven communities.
Although the reasons for hunger are complicated, feeding a family in need is not. Each year, Second Harvest Food Bank distributes more than 45.5 million pounds of nutritious food to low-income people in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. Many are children. The millions of pounds of food are provided free to 326 local nonprofit agencies at more than 700 sites, including pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and after-school programs.
Participating San Mateo County Libraries:
- Atherton Library - Friday, July 19
- Belmont Library - Thursday, July 18 & Monday, August 19
- Brisbane Library - Saturday, August 17
- East Palo Alto Library - Friday, July 19
- Foster City Library - Thursday, August 22
- Half Moon Bay Library - Thursday, June 27
- Millbrae Library - Wednesday, August 7
- Pacifica Sanchez Library - Friday, July 19
- Pacifica Sharp Park Library - Friday, July 19
- Portola Valley Library - Wednesday, August 28
- San Carlos Library - Saturday, August 3
- Woodside Library - Wednesday, August 21