Discover & Go
A first of its kind, Discover & Go provides access to museum passes, such as the Asian Art Museum, that can be printed online rather than traditional physical passes that must be picked up and returned to the library. As a San Mateo County Library card holder, you have access to numerous museums and cultural institutions throughout the Bay Area. Each Discover & Go pass expires immediately after the reservation date, so no returns required and no possibility for overdue fines! This unique program allows library users to make reservations online by date or by venue and print out a pass. Patrons without Internet access can reserve a pass by telephone or in person and print out a pass at their local library.
The Fine Print
- You must have a valid San Mateo County Library card. Your library card number must start with '29041'.
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You may not use an eCard or institutional card
- You may have up to 2 reservations at a time
- You may cancel a reservation only if you have not already printed the admission pass
- The pass is for use only by the person named and only on the date specified. No photocopies are allowed. Valid ID is required.
If your library card is not from the San Mateo County Libary
(does not start with '29041'):
- Discover & Go is available now at the:
Due to the high demand of Asian Art Museum passes, new passes will not be released until July 2013.
Due to the Exploratorium's recent move, passes are not available, but will be available Fall 2013.