Dig It: Digital Short Movie Project for Teens
Video Program for Teens (ages 12-19)
The San Mateo County Library now offers movie making resources to teens.
- Check out HD cameras, microphones, lights, green screens and more.
- Edit your movie at the library using Final Cut Pro on an iMac.
- Take filmmaking workshops taught by college professors or local professionals in summer and fall (check back for dates as it gets closer).
- Thursday, July 9, 3:30-5:00: Story and Screenwriting, San Carlos Library
- Thursday, July 16, 3:30-5:00: Production and Shooting, San Carlos Library
- Thursday, July 23, 3:30-5:00: Editing, San Carlos Library
- Thursday, July 23, 5:00pm: 72-Hour Movie Making Challenge for Teens, San Carlos Library
Use your new skills to join the 72-Hour Movie Making Challenge for Teens immediately following the last workshop session! See below for more details.
Contact: Lorie for more information.
All San Mateo County teens are welcome to participate in this exciting project.
72-Hour Movie Making Challenge for Teens Short Film contest for Teens (Ages 12-19)
Compete with other teens to make a short film in just one weekend.
- Thursday, July 23, 5:00 pm: 72-Hour Movie Making Challenge for Teens, San Carlos Library
- Thursday, July 30, 4:00 pm: 72-Hour Movie Making Challenge Viewing Party, San Carlos Library
How to Enter:
- At least one member of the team must attend the kickoff event on July 23, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
- After registration, all teams will be given the same character, line of dialog, and prop that must be included in the film. Each team, however, will randomly draw a film genre that their movie must adhere to. (Drama, Comedy, Sci-Fi, Adventure, Western, etc.)
- Teams will upload their short film to their own youtube or vimeo account and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 6:00pm on Sunday July 26. Timestamps will be used to determine eligibility. Please included your team name in the email message.
- After the link to the film is submitted, teams must submit 1) Entry Forms and 2) Video Release Forms completed by each team member to the San Carlos Library by 9:00pm (closing time) on Wednesday July 29.
- Attend the viewing party on July 30 at 4:00pm to show off your movie and win prizes! The audience will also vote for “Crowd Favorite”. At least one team member must attend in order to receive a prize.
- Submit your film to the SMCL Teen Film Festival 2016 and win more prizes! Film submissions, deadlines and more info will be released in the 2015 school year.
Find Out More
- Camera Equipment Guidelines (PDF)
- iMac Usage Guidelines (PDF)
- SMCL Teen Film Festival Guidelines and Forms (PDF)
- FAQs (PDF)
Movie Making Help
Visit Dig It On
Still need more info? Comment below.