San Mateo County Library offers free public wireless access at all of its locations. To access the library wireless network the user will need to accept the terms and conditions to receive 12 hours of uninterrupted access. Part of the terms and conditions is the acceptance that the SMCL wireless network is not secure and users are responsible for keeping their personal laptop secured.
Connecting to the Library Wireless Network
- Locate the library’s wireless network on your laptop or other wireless device. (i.e. San Carlos Library, Millbrae Library,...etc.)
- Select the network and connect.
- Open the web browser and you will be presented with the San Mateo County Library’s Wireless User Policy.
- Accepting the WiFi User Policy will allow you to use the San Mateo County Library's free open wireless network.
- After accepting the policy you will be redirected to this page.
San Mateo County Library offers wireless printing from smartphones, tablets, laptops and offsite desktop computers at all of its locations. Wireless users are able to send print jobs from within the library and from home.