Reply to comment
This month celebrate what nature has given us! Having a balanced diet filled with fruits and vegetables is a sure way to live a healthy lifestyle. In honor of the beginning of summer, here are some creative ways to cook with vegetables without missing the meat on your grill.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website is filled with useful information about nutrition and exercise. For more information on vegetarian options, read these useful tips on how to add more green in your diet this summer!
Our library catalog has many of the recommended cookbooks that the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics provides. Here are some great options that will keep you eating healthy:
- 7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies
- 400 Calorie Fix Cookbook: 400 All-New Simply Satisfying Meals by Liz Vaccariello
- Big Green Cookbook: Hundreds of Planet-Pleasing Recipes & Tips for a Luscious, Low-Carbon Lifestyle by Jackie Newgent
- The Big Book of Diabetic Deserts: Decadent and Delicious Recipes Perfect for People with Diabetes by Jackie Mills
- Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast & Filling Low-fat Vegan Recipes by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Jacqui Grande is a library aide for Atherton Library. One of her favorite snacks is any vegetable dipped in spicy hummus. Yum!