Reply to comment
Covers To Love And Hate
It's been said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It depends on who you ask! Take a look at the following cover songs, some good, some maybe not, you decide. Incidentally a cover song is a new recording of a song that has been previously released.
As much as I want to hate this one, I can't. I love it. The cheesiness only makes me love it more. Los Pikadientes de Caborca's homage to the late Michael Jackson disguised as a cover of his song ‘Billie Jean’. My favorite part of the video is the guy in the charro pants wearing chanclas (roughly translates as sandals in Español).
I really like The Cardigans' go at Black Sabbath's ’Iron Man’. I'm a fan of the unexpected, so hearing The Cardigan's put a sexy spin on a metal track is pretty cool.
The Raveonettes doing The Stone Roses' ‘I Wanna Be Adored’ justice...it's great!
The Killers' take on Joy Division's ‘Shadowplay’
Looking for covers online I came across Gnarls Barkley doing Radiohead's ‘Reckoner’...go Cee-lo! There are a lot of great Radiohead covers out there.
More Of My Favorites…
- Thin Line Between Love and Hate by The Pretenders originally by The Persuaders (truth be told I love both equally)
- Never Gonna Give You Up by The Black Keys originally by Jerry Butler
- Superstar by Sonic Youth originally by The Carpenters
- Hurt by Johnny Cash originally by Nine Inch Nails
- The Man Who Sold the World by Nirvana originally by David Bowie
- This Woman’s Work by Maxwell originally by Kate Bush
Evie D. likes cover songs.