Reply to comment
Did you know that there are laptops available to borrow at Millbrae, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, and Portola Valley libraries? You can check out a laptop to use in the library for up to 2 hours a day. All you have to do to get started is complete a laptop loan agreement, bring it to the accounts desk at your library, and find yourself a comfy chair.
Why Borrow a Laptop at the Library?
Some nice things about checking out laptops to use in the library:
- You’ll have 2 uninterrupted hours of computer use in the library – no stopping and re-starting your computer session!
- You can bring the laptop into a meeting room and use it to work on a group project.
- You can use the laptop by yourself in a meeting room and enjoy the quiet.
- Using library wireless is simple, and getting online will be easy with these FAQs.
- The laptops have the same programs you’ll find on the rest of the public computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
- You can relax with the laptop in an arm chair and get comfortable – just don’t take your shoes off!
Nicole Pasini is the interim Branch Manager for the Millbrae Library.