San Carlos Library
San Carlos Library Manager
610 Elm Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
|10 AM - 9 PM||10 AM - 9 PM||10 AM - 9 PM||10 AM - 6 PM||10 AM - 6 PM||10 AM - 5 PM||1 PM - 5 PM|
- World Language collections in Chinese, Russian and Spanish
- Bilingual storytime in Spanish and Chinese
- Large music CD and Book on CD collections
- Internet Instruction, Resume Writing and other life skills classes offered
- Appointments can be made with librarians for library research skill questions
- Seasonal food and toy collection center
- Voted Best Story Time by Bay Area Parent magazine
- 24 hour open book donation drop-off point is located in the underground parking garage accessed via Cherry Street. Look for the white caged area. Donation receipts are attached to the cage. We welcome books, textbooks, DVDs, and CDs. We are not able to re-use VHS tapes, Audio cassettes, magazines, encyclopedias, and loose or homemade CDs or DVDs.
- The Friends of the San Carlos Library Bookstore on the first floor of the San Carlos Library is open during regular library hours.
- The Friends of the San Carlos Library host a book sale on the third Sunday of every month from 1 - 4 PM on the second floor in Suite 209 and in the Community Room.
- Handicapped parking spaces
- Accessible restrooms
Sidewalk ramp accessible from Cherry Street
- Help for grades K - 8 via Healthy Cities tutoring program sponsored by the San Carlos School District, City of San Carlos, Friends of the San Carlos Library and other funding sources. Tutors may use library study tables.
The library has 2 meeting room that can be reserved for a maximum time of two hours per day.
Meeting room A holds a maximum of 10 people and meeting room B holds a maximum of 6 people.
Reservations can be made in person or via phone up to 1 month in advance.
The City of San Carlos reserves Conference Rooms A and B on the second floor for a fee. The maximum capacity of these rooms is 200 people. Call Vicky Galea at San Carlos City Hall, 650.802.4311. More information on conference room rental can be found here.
Quiet Study Room
- The Quiet Study Room is intended for individual study and holds a maximum of 4 people at individual tables.
- No time limit or reservation needed to use the Quiet Study Room.
- Some IRS tax forms and California tax instruction booklets are available during tax season. Most forms can also be downloaded and printed using our computer stations.
- Healthy Cities Tutoring is a nonprofit organization that provides San Carlos School District elementary and middle school children tutoring and mentoring from community volunteers. The Friends of the San Carlos Library provides grant support to the organization.
- The Reading Bug book store give 10% discounts to anyone who donates a book to the San Carlos Library. Watch for author events sponsored by The Reading Bug at the Library!
- Art in Action - student art work display
- The San Francisco Giants "Read to Win" program
- Lawyers in the Library monthly series with the San Mateo County Bar Association.
- San Carlos Adult Center
- San Mateo County Psychological Association
- BAM (Bay Association of Mentors)
- Stanford Health Library
- Alzheimer’s Association
- California Native Plants Society
- Asian Art Museum
- De Young
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Parent’s Place
- San Carlos Youth Center
- Museum of Craft and Folk Art
- San Carlos Unified School District
- Central Middle School
- Tierra Linda Middle School
- San Carlos Charter Learning Center
- Abilities United
- Art in Action
- Catholic Charities CYO
- Community Gate Path
- Overeater’s Anonymous
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- Peet’s Coffee
- Peninsula Humane Society and SPCA
- San Carlos Belmont Mother’s Club
- San Carlos Chamber of Commerce
- Museum of San Carlos History
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- City of San Carlos
- San Mateo County
- Friends of the San Carlos Library
- San Carlos Chamber of Commerce
- San Carlos School District
- Hiller Aviation Museum