Pacifica Sharp Park Library
Pacifica Libraries Manager
104 Hilton Way
Pacifica, CA 94044
|Closed||12 PM - 8 PM||12 PM - 8 PM||10 AM - 5 PM||Closed||10 AM - 5 PM||Closed|
- Located a block from the Pacific Ocean and the famous Pacifica Pier (15th largest on the west coast), the Pacifica-Sharp Park Library offers 21st century library services delivered with a home-town style.
- Throughout the year, the library offers exciting, innovative programming for all ages.
- Come to Pacifica to experience the unique environment, check out a book at the library and take a walk along the ocean or the pier, have lunch at a local eatery, all within walking distance of the library.
- The Pacifica Libraries generally do not accept book donations except for current bestsellers/paperbacks in good condition.
- The Pacifica Friends of the Library accept donations of books in good condition and of general interest throughout the year.
- The Friends cannot take magazines, textbooks, or materials in poor condition (mold, excessive use, dirty, torn). Contacts: Caroline Barba, 650.359.3848 or Donna Scott, 650.359.9664.
- The Pacifica Friends of the Library have two large books sales per year, typically in late November/early December and again in late May/early June on a Friday-Saturday.
- The Friends also operate an ongoing sale in their Book Nook at the Pacifica - Sharp Park Library which is accessible during library open hours.
- Computers and Software
- 10 Internet PCs
- 2 Research PCs
- 2 Express PCs
- Internet Manager software manages computer signups and reservations.
- Computer Reservations are recommended M-F 3 - 6 PM, Sat 12 - 5 PM.
- Wireless Access is available.
- Handicapped entrance on upper level
- Handicapped parking on Hilton Way (off Hilton Circle)
- Accessible restrooms
- The Community Room may be used by local not-for-profit groups and community groups for meetings, events and programs.
- All programs must be free and open to the public and of local interest.
- The Community Room may be reserved through the Library up to a year in advance.
- All Community room users must submit an application and read and initial a copy of the Community Room Guidelines and Rules for Use. There is no fee for use.
- Please contact the library at 650.355.5196 or come in during open hours for further information or to place a reservation.
- Paper copies of some tax forms and instruction booklets are available January to April each year.
- Local children’s librarian Gwen Miller hosts a weekly storytime called Whales of Tales on local cable Channel 26! The show is repeated throughout the week at various times. Local residents Monica Houman and Christine Guzman also host a bilingual storytime that is shown every Saturday and Sunday.
- “California of the Past” Digital Storytelling Project - Pacifica and Coastside Stories
- The San Francisco Giants "Read to Win" program
- Paws for Tales with the Peninsula Humane Society
- City of Pacifica Homework Center: The Library and the City of Pacifica work cooperatively on the weekly Homework Center in the Community Room at the Pacifica-Sharp Park Library. The Homework Center is in operation Monday-Thursday from 2:45pm-5:45pm throughout the school year. Run by the Parks, Beach and Recreation Department, it features a paid staff including a supervisor and tutors who are local high school students. The Library provides some of the funding for the Center as do the Friends of the Library. The service requires registration but operates on a drop-in basis and is free of charge.
- City of Pacifica
- Pacifica Tribune
- Pacifica Chamber of Commerce
- Pacifica Municipal Codes
- San Mateo County