|10 AM - 8 PM||10 AM - 8 PM||10 AM - 8 PM||10 AM - 8 PM||10 AM - 6 PM||9 AM - 5 PM||1 PM - 5 PM|
- The Friends of the Millbrae Library offer the following items for sale:
- Headphones - $2.50
- The Millbrae Library is pleased to accept the following types of materials in good condition:
- Hardcover and paperback books
- CD’s, DVD’s, Cassettes, and Videos
- However, due to limits in storage and disposal space, and the potential for damage to the library’s collection, the library cannot accept the materials listed below:
- Materials that have been stored in a garage
- Books with an accumulation of dust or cobwebs
- Books with yellow or torn pages or water damage
- Books that have been highlighted or marked with pen or pencil
- Musty material smelling of mildew (try the sniff test)
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- Textbooks and out-of-date computer books
- Encyclopedias more than 10 years old
- Donations which meet the guidelines of acceptability may be brought to the Accounts Desk. Please do not leave books outside of the library or place donations in the book return. If you have a large donation (3 boxes or more), please call ahead to make an appointment (650) 697-7607.
- The Friends of the Millbrae Library Book Store is located inside the Millbrae Library and is open during regular library hours. The Book Store offers a wide selection of English children’s and adult books and A/V media as well as Chinese and Japanese materials. There are two large book sales each year that take place in the library meeting rooms. Throughout the year there are outdoor bargain book sales, including a $5 Bag of Books sale. For specific dates and times please contact Judi Sullivan at (650) 697-7607.
- Automatic Payment Machine is available.
- Computers and Software
- 1 ADA PC
- 52 Internet PCs
- 8 Research PCs
- Internet Manager software manages computer sign ups and reservations.
- Computer Reservations are recommended M-F 3 - 6 PM, Sat 12 - 5 PM and Sundays.
- Wireless Access is available.
- Handicapped parking spaces
- Accessible restrooms
- ADA computer: specialized PC with large monitor, font, keyboard mouse and joystick
- ADA walkers
- Open Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 3 PM to 6 PM and Wednesdays 2 PM to 6 PM.
- Staff and volunteers are able to assist students with most academic subjects. Four computers and a printer are available for homework research and writing assigned papers.
- Two study rooms that can be booked for a one hour time period for groups of 2-8 people.
- The study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis and cannot be reserved in advance.
- To reserve a room, at least one member of the group must have a current PLS library account and either their library card or a photo ID.
- Paper copies of some tax forms and instruction booklets are available January to April each year.
- Senior Focus at Mills Peninsula and the Millbrae Senior Center - programming for older adults and the annual Senior Wellness Fair.
- The City of Millbrae's Recycling and Waste Prevention Program presents programs related to conservation and the environment.
- National Charity League - mothers and their middle school and high school-aged daughters volunteer at the Millbrae Library.
- United States Census Bureau
- Be Counted program
- Questionnaire Assistance Center
- San Mateo Bar Association - Lawyers in the Library
- Art in Action - student artwork display
- The San Francisco Giants "Read to Win" program
- Peninsula Humane Society – Leads our Paws for Tales program where children can practice reading with therapy dogs.
- National Cheng-Chi University Alumni Association – Organizes and facilitates a Chinese Book Club at the library.
- Shelter Network - Holds staff trainings on site and links clients to our website to attract new library users.
- Homeless Cat Network – Organizes an annual Cat Adoption Fair at the library.
- Capuchino High School
- Green Hills Elementary School
- Lomita Park Elementary School
- Meadows Elementary School
- Millbrae Montessori Preschool & Kindergarten
- Mills High School
- Saint Dunstan Catholic School
- Spring Valley Elementary School
- Taylor Middle School