Laptop computers are available for checkout to Peninsula Library System cardholders in good standing with a Laptop Loan Agreement on file at the below San Mateo County Libraries. A new policy must be signed every year. Patrons over 18 year’s old must provide a valid, government issue ID matching the library record. Patrons under 18 must have guardian present to sign policy.
- Daily limit for all computers is 4 hours. No renewals or reservations are allowed.
- Laptops must be used in the library. Patron must have Library Card present.
- Laptops are due 30 minutes before closing, regardless of when they are checked out. The 4 hour time limit is based on the printed receipt time.
- WiFi Printing is available on all library laptops.
- Overdue laptops will accrue $5 every hour up to a maximum of $50. Laptops not returned at the end of the day will be marked lost and the full replacement fine ($1750) will be applied.
- The borrower agrees to assume any and all liability for the cost of repair or replacement in the event of loss due to theft, damage, negligence or misuse. Replacement laptop cost is $1750.
- Library staff reserve the right to suspend laptop borrowing privileges for any reason.
- Belmont: 2 laptops
- Brisbane: 3 laptops
- East Palo Alto: 12 laptops
- Foster City: 2 laptops
- Half Moon Bay: 6 laptops
- Millbrae: 2 laptops
- Pacifica Sanchez: 2 laptops
- Pacifica Sharp Park: 4 laptops
- Portola Valley: 3 laptops
- San Carlos: 6 laptops