Foster City Library
1000 East Hillsdale Boulevard
Foster City, CA 94404
|10 AM - 9 PM||10 AM - 9 PM||10 AM - 9 PM||10 AM - 6 PM||10 AM - 6 PM||10 AM - 5 PM||1 PM - 5 PM|
A vibrant community space. There are collections for children and adults in Russian, Hindi, Chinese, Spanish, and Japanese as well as English. There are many study tables, comfortable lounge reading chairs, public computers, a room for teens, a library for children, ample free parking and free WiFi access. Homework help with a professional tutor is available for free Monday through Thursday after school. Story times for children are presented Monday through Saturday, with a monthly bi-lingual story time in Mandarin and English. Programs and activities for all ages and interests are offered throughout the year.
A used book store, managed by The Friends of the Foster City Library, is open during library hours. The Friends gladly accept donations of books in good condition to sell to raise money for library programs and activities.
- Automatic Payment Machine is available.
- Computers and Software
- 1 ADA PC
- 28 Internet PCs
- 4 Research PCs
- 4 Express PCs
- 3 Catalog PCs
- Internet Manager software manages computer signups and reservations.
- Computer Reservations are usually not necessary.
- Wireless Access is available.
- 2 laptop computers are available for checkout to cardholders in good standing.
- ADA computer: specialized PC with large monitor, font, keyboard mouse and joystick
- Handicapped parking spaces
- Accessible restrooms
- ADA self-check
- Accessible service desks
- Help for grades 5 - 12. Professional tutor provides homework help on a drop in basis Monday – Thursday, 3:30-6:00 p.m.
- Librarians are trained to help patrons use the IRS website to get state and federal forms online.
- Art in Action exhibits Foster City student art work at the library.
- CuriOdyssey (formerly Coyote Point Museum) offers programs for children.
- Foster City Historical Society provides a local history display.
- Foster City Lions collect used eyeglasses at the library.
- Foster City Mothers Club co-sponsors parenting programs.
- Foster City Police Department provides an anti-abduction safe kids clinic for children and parents.
- Foster City Toastmasters provide introductory workshops on public speaking.
- Foster City Vibe co-sponsors events for teens.
- Friends of the Foster City Library raised over $750,000 to support Library services and renovation projects. The Friends also fund an after-school tutor for the Homework Help Center.
- Hillbarn Theater offers film screenings and panel discussions on American Theater.
- Homeless Cat Network produces a cat adoption day.
- Peninsula Humane Society/SPCA provides Paws for Tales, a monthly reading program for children and therapy dogs.
- My New Red Shoes partners with the library to provide new back-to-school shoes for homeless children.
- Phase2Careers presents regular panel discussions for job seekers.
- San Francisco Giants "Read to Win" program.
- San Mateo County Children and Family Services partners with the library to provide job training for emancipated foster youth.
- Second Harvest of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties receives food donations at the library.
- The Asian American Curriculum Project, the Organization of Chinese Americans, and the Japanese American Citizens League sponsor an annual all day Asian American Heritage Authors Celebration.
- The library donates magazines to Reach out and Read to promote early literacy and school readiness in pediatric exam rooms.
- The San Mateo County Bar Association provides attorneys for Lawyers in the Library, a monthly free legal service.
- United States Census Bureau Be Counted program.