Acting Library Manager
250 Visitacion Avenue
Brisbane, CA 94005
|10 AM - 7 PM||10 AM - 7 PM||10 AM - 7 PM||12 PM - 5 PM||12 PM - 5 PM||11 AM - 5 PM||Closed|
- Brisbane Library offers a unique and intimate setting in the heart of downtown Brisbane, just south of San Francisco. Visit us early in the day or in the evenings for a relaxing environment, or enjoy music and the bustle of a vibrant community gathered together on weekday afternoons.
- We have a significant Brisbane Local History Collection and are proud of being able to share the rich stories that have helped make Brisbane the very special place it is. Items are collected in a variety of methods, both on site and remotely. We are always happy to make arrangements to assist the public with their research; reservations to view specific materials are recommended.
- A Brisbane Local Author Collection was recently established by community advocates and the Friends of the Brisbane Library. We periodically feature the Friends' Local Author Collection and are honored to highlight the local talent and intellectual accomplishments of Brisbane residents.
- Due to very limited space, please call ahead to verify that we are currently accepting donations.
- Donations to the booksale are welcome when space permits and can only be accepted during open hours when the items can be evaluated by a staff member or volunteer. Infrequently, items may be added to the lending collection rather than being sold; please contact the Branch Manager for details.
- Thank you for understanding that the following material types cannot be accepted under any circumstances
- Out of date travel or computer books (more than 3 years old)
- VHS or cassette tapes
- CDs or DVDs without their original covers/cases
- To protect our public library collections from damage and to maintain a certain condition threshold, we are never able to accept
- Damaged items (water damaged, moldy, mildewed, yellowed, dusty, dirty, torn, text that has been underlined or highlighted)
- Incomplete items (books with missing pages, CD sets with missing CDs)
- Donated books are sold during regular library operating hours or at community events.
- Computers and Software
- 4 Internet PCs
- 1 Research PC
- 2 Express PCs
- Internet Manager software manages computer signups and reservations.
- Computer Reservations: reserving a computer in advance is strongly recommended during the weekday hours of 3 PM to 6PM.
- Wireless Access is available.
- Accessible by ramp
- Accessible restroom
- Binders of reproducible tax forms are available year round to be copied.
- Paws for Tales with the Peninsula Humane Society
- Angelina Ciucci Firefighter's Storytime with the Brisbane Firefighters: the program began when the late Brisbane Firefighter Angelina Ciucci proposed this to us as a regular monthly feature. When she passed away in October 2008, we renamed the storytime in her honor.
- Monthly Storytimes and Canine Unit Summer Reading Program with the Brisbane Police Department
- Brisbane Lions Club program support for Kids Summer Reading. The Lions have generously provided annual funding for Children's Summer Reading programs for more than twelve years.
- Mothers of Brisbane MOB Storytime Volunteers
- Peninsula Humane Society Mobile Adoption Unit at the annual Citywide Garage Sale sponsored by Friends of the Brisbane Library
- Programming with the SMCo Mosquito Abatement Distrct
- City of Brisbane co-sponsors Live at Mission Blue Concerts, annual fundraiser(s) for the Friends of the Brisbane Library and vital economic supplement to the library
- Homeless Cat Network adoption day
- SMCo Sheriff's Dept. T.A.I.L.S. program
- Tamberly Mott's Story Adventures program pilot for Growing Green Hands: an Intergenerational Mentoring Program
- United States Census Bureau Be Counted program
- The San Francisco Giants "Read to Win" program